Sir David Martin Foundation is the major funder of Triple Care Farm, aiming to give vulnerable young people a safe place to get well and prepare for new opportunities. Through Triple Care Farm and the individual’s commitment, young people’s lives are saved – moving from a high risk of suicide to hope for a brighter future.
Triple Care Farm
Mission Australia’s Triple Care Farm is a youth drug and alcohol program offering withdrawal, rehabilitation and aftercare support to 16-24 year old Australians.
Breaking the cycle of addiction
Triple Care Farm is youth-focused and helps young people to make long-term changes in their lives. The challenges of young people seeking support include:
- Drug and alcohol misuse
- Mental illness and risk of Suicide
- Family breakdown
Model of treatment
Triple Care Farm is holistic, innovative and evidence-based. Many young people have underlying mental illness and have not had the stability of a regular home.
The young person’s voluntary commitment to their treatment is vital.
On young people
- Lifesaving: Over 3,000 young people’s lives saved with zero suicide attempts
- Safe housing: 100% in stable housing
- Empowered to independence: 92% engaged in education and employment, and others actively seeking
- Rebuilt self-esteem with 80% reduction in chronic drug and alcohol use
- Participation in the programs keep vulnerable young people out of hospital and jail
- Every $1 donated by our supporters creates $3 worth of social impact
Josie takes back control
After fleeing home, Josie was sleeping rough for months. Living in such dangerous and vulnerable circumstances led her to becoming victim to sexual abuse and rape. She was ‘using’ whenever she could.
At Triple Care Farm, she began to recognise how the abuse she suffered was shaping her life and learnt how to take back control. Through the program Josie worked on her self-worth and confidence and found what made her strong and happy. She now lives in safe accommodation, is working and enjoying looking after herself and her adopted rescue dog.
Donate and help young, vulnerable Australians break the cycle of addiction and have hope for a brighter future.Donate Now